Maps General map of the United States & their territory between the Mississippi & the Pacific Ocean. 1. Showing the different surveyed routes from the Mississippi valley to the coast of Pacific Ocean, 2. the new established & proposed Post Routes, 3. the recently discovered gold, silver, and copper region in Kansas, Nebraska and Arizona.
Fiala, John T.
- General map of the United States & their territory between the Mississippi & the Pacific Ocean. 1. Showing the different surveyed routes from the Mississippi valley to the coast of Pacific Ocean, 2. the new established & proposed Post Routes, 3. the recently discovered gold, silver, and copper region in Kansas, Nebraska and Arizona.
- Contributor Names
- Fiala, John T.
- Created / Published
- [n.p.], 1859.
- Subject Headings
- - West (U.S.)
- - United States--West
- - Scale ca. 1:6,500,000.
- - Relief shown by hachures.
- - "Engraved on stone by A. Janicke."
- - LC Railroad maps, 175
- - Description derived from published bibliography.
- - Gold mines are indicated in yellow and silver mines in blue. Indicates post routes, "old trail," finished and unfinished railroads, and the proposed state of "Colona."
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- col. map 54 x 60 cm.
- Call Number
- G4050 1859 .F5
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- g4050 rr001750 http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.gmd/g4050.rr001750
- Library of Congress Catalog Number
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Railroad Maps, 1828 to 1900
Transportation and Communication Cartographic Items
Geography and Map Division