Maps Map of the country from Lake Superior to the Pacific Ocean. From the latest explorations and surveys to accompany the report of the New York Chamber of Commerce, April 1868.
G.W. & C. Colton & Co.
Northern Pacific Railroad Company
- Map of the country from Lake Superior to the Pacific Ocean. From the latest explorations and surveys to accompany the report of the New York Chamber of Commerce, April 1868.
- Map of the western United States showing relief by hachures, drainage, cities and towns, military posts, railroads, and the Northern Pacific Railroad in red. Includes a profile of the line.
- Contributor Names
- G.W. & C.B. Colton & Co.
- Created / Published
- [n.p.], 1867.
- Subject Headings
- - Northern Pacific Railroad Company--Maps
- - Northwestern States--Maps
- - United States--Maps
- - United States--Northwestern States
- - United States
- - Scale 1:2,100,000.
- - "April 1868" belongs to "accompany the report of the New York Chamber of Commerce."
- - LC also has another edition, scale 1:3,158,000 from the New York Chamber of Commerce report of a special committee, March 26, 1868.
- - LC Railroad maps, 177
- - Description derived from published bibliography.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- col. map 56 x 112 cm.
- Call Number
- G4125 1867 .G15
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Catalog Number
- Other Formats
- - MARCXML Record
- - MODS Record
- - Dublin Core Record
- Catalog Record
Rights & Access
Rights and Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Electronic Sources on the Learning Page.
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.