State of Alabama. October. 2nd. 1866.
United States. General Land Office
- State of Alabama. October. 2nd. 1866.
- Contributor Names
- United States. General Land Office.
- Created Published
- Phila[delphia], 
- Subject Headings
- - Alabama
- - United States--Alabama.
- - Scale ca. 1:200,000.
- - "The whole central region of this state is underlaid with iron ore, in vast beds. There are also coal measures of great thickness and extent. Lead ore is also found." Signed: Jos. S. Wilson, Commissioner.
- - LC also has 1865 edition from "39th Cong. 1st Sess. Annual Report of the Commissioners, Gen. Land Off."
- - LC Railroad maps, 178
- - Description derived from published bibliography.
- - Outline map showing major drainage, cities and towns, railroads, and the 6-mile and 15-mile limits of the land grant.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- Col. Map 48 X 30 Cm.
- Call Number
- G3970 1866 .U5
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- g3970 rr001780 http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.gmd/g3970.rr001780
- Library of Congress Catalog Number
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Railroad Maps, 1828 to 1900
Transportation and Communication Cartographic Items
Geography and Map Division