Maps Map of the State of Florida showing the progress of the surveys; from the annual report of the Surveyor General for 1856.
- Map of the State of Florida showing the progress of the surveys; from the annual report of the Surveyor General for 1856.
- Contributor Names
- Drew, Columbus, 1820-1891.
- Created / Published
- Jacksonville, 1856.
- Subject Headings
- - Florida
- - United States--Florida
- - Scale ca. 1:1,140,480.
- - LC Railroad maps, 193
- - Listed in R. S. Ladd's Maps Showing Explorers' Routes ... (Washington, Govt. Print. Off., 1962), no. 267.
- - Description derived from published bibliography.
- - Township map showing drainage, cities and towns, roads, trails, and location of two railroad lines in the northern part of the state. Stated scale reads: 12 miles to an inch. It is corrected in ink to read 18 miles.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- col. map 63 x 64 cm.
- Call Number
- G3930 1856 .D7
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- g3930 rr001930 http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.gmd/g3930.rr001930
- Library of Congress Catalog Number
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Railroad Maps, 1828 to 1900
Transportation and Communication Cartographic Items
Geography and Map Division