Maps Map of the State of Florida showing the progress of the surveys accompanying annual report of the Surveyor General for 1859.
United States. General Land Office
- Map of the State of Florida showing the progress of the surveys accompanying annual report of the Surveyor General for 1859.
- Township map showing drainage, cities and towns, railroads, location of the land grant railroads and indicating the 6- and 15-mile limits of grants. Shows land offices.
- Contributor Names
- United States. General Land Office.
- Created / Published
- N[ew] Y[ork], 
- Subject Headings
- - Railroads--Florida--Maps
- - United States--Florida
- - Scale 1:1,140,480.
- - Manuscript annotation states: "See Report made to Hon. W. S. Herndon House of Reps. Jany. 17, 1874 Vol 13. p. 147--See to Hon. D. S. Yulu Oct 22nd, 1875."
- - LC Railroad maps, 194
- - Description derived from published bibliography.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- col. map 58 x 62 cm.
- Call Number
- G3931.P3 1859 .U5
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Catalog Number
- Other Formats
- - MARCXML Record
- - MODS Record
- - Dublin Core Record
- Catalog Record
Rights & Access
Rights and Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Electronic Sources on the Learning Page.
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.