Maps Map of the state of Indiana compiled from the United States surveys by S. D. King, Washington City; exhibiting the sections & fractional sections; the situation & boundaries of counties; the location of cities villages & post offices canals, rail roads and other internal improvements, carefully laid down.
King, S. D.
- Map of the state of Indiana compiled from the United States surveys by S. D. King, Washington City; exhibiting the sections & fractional sections; the situation & boundaries of counties; the location of cities villages & post offices canals, rail roads and other internal improvements, carefully laid down.
- Detailed map showing drainage, cities and towns, townships, counties, canals, roads, and railroads.
- Contributor Names
- King, S. D.
- Created / Published
- New York, 1852.
- Subject Headings
- - Indiana--Maps
- - United States--Indiana
- - Scale ca. 1:320,000.
- - LC Railroad maps, 209
- - Description derived from published bibliography.
- - Insets: Michigan City.--LaFayette.--Logansport & West Logan.--Terre Haute.--Indianapolis.--Madison.--Fort Wayne.--New Albany.--Jeffersonville, Louisville and the Falls of the Ohio.--Evansville and Lamasco City.--Lawrenceburgh.--Vincennes.--City of Richmond.--South Bend. 19 x 20 cm.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- map 6 parts, each 53 x 59 cm.
- Call Number
- G4090 1852 .K5
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- g4090 rr002090 http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.gmd/g4090.rr002090
- Library of Congress Catalog Number
Rights & Access
Rights and Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Electronic Sources on the Learning Page.
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.