Maps Map of the rail roads, from Rome to Albany and Troy, by one of the engineers who assisted in contructing, prepared from actual survey.
Mohawk River Valley
Mohawk River Valley
Mohawk River Valley (N.Y.)
New York (State)
- Map of the rail roads, from Rome to Albany and Troy, by one of the engineers who assisted in contructing, prepared from actual survey.
- Contributor Names
- William, Levi.
- Created / Published
- N. York, 1845.
- Subject Headings
- - Railroads--New York (State)--Mohawk River Valley
- - Mohawk River Valley (N.Y.)
- - United States--New York (State)--Mohawk River Valley
- - Scale ca. 1:180,000.
- - LC Railroad maps, 260
- - Description derived from published bibliography.
- - Detailed map of the Mohawk Valley from Troy to Rome showing drainage, relief by hachures, towns, and villages.
- - Accompanied by a pamphlet entitled Map of the Railroads from Rome to Albany and Troy; with Explanatory Remarks and Sketches of the History, Geology and Present Condition of the Mohawk Valley. By Levi Williams, Civil Engineer. 1846.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- col. map 14 x 115 cm.
- Call Number
- G3802.M6P3 1845 .W5
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- g3802m rr002600 http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.gmd/g3802m.rr002600
- Library of Congress Catalog Number
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Railroad Maps, 1828 to 1900
Transportation and Communication Cartographic Items
Geography and Map Division