Profile & location of the A. & W. Pt. R.R. of Ga.; surveyed & drawn by Cha's Mahon, C. E., 1865-6.
Atlanta and Lagrange Rail Road Company
Atlanta and West Point Rail Road Company
- Profile & location of the A. & W. Pt. R.R. of Ga.; surveyed & drawn by Cha's Mahon, C. E., 1865-6.
- Contributor Names
- Mahon, Charles.
- Created Published
- [N.P., 1868]
- Subject Headings
- - Atlanta and West Point Rail Road Company
- - Atlanta and LaGrange Rail Road Company
- - Railroads--Georgia
- - United States--Georgia.
- - Scale 1:6,000 and 1:18,000.
- - Ms. on tracing cloth.
- - "Tracings within by C. Mahon, C.E. July 1868."
- - Transferred from U.S. Coast and Geodetic Survey (Acc. no. 883) March 12, 1902
- - LC Railroad maps, 326
- - Description derived from published bibliography.
- - Detailed map of the route and profile of the Atlanta and West Point Railroad from Atlanta to West Point on the Chattahoochee River. Chartered under Atlanta and La Grange Railroad in 1847.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- Col. Map 10 Sheets, Each 37 X 91 Cm. and Title Sheet, 37 X 64 Cm.
- Call Number
- G3921.P3 1865 .M3
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- g3921pm grr00001 http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.gmd/g3921pm.grr00001
- Library of Congress Catalog Number
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Railroad Maps, 1828 to 1900
Transportation and Communication Cartographic Items
Geography and Map Division