Maps Map of the Atlantic and Great Western Railway, with its connections, 1866.
De Bihan, C.
Atlantic and Great Western Railway Company
- Map of the Atlantic and Great Western Railway, with its connections, 1866.
- Contributor Names
- De Bihan, C.
- Created / Published
- [London, 1866]
- Subject Headings
- - Atlantic and Great Western Railway Company
- - Railroads--United States
- - United States
- - Scale ca. 1:2,000,000.
- - LC Railroad maps, 327
- - Description derived from published bibliography.
- - Outline map of eastern United States from the Great Lakes to Charleston, S.C., showing drainage, cities and towns, county boundaries, and the railroad network, main lines indicated in heavy red and black; chartered in 1858 as successor to Meadville Company.
- - Signed in ms. "M. Fillmore." DLC
- - Annotated in ms. on verso: Hon. Millard Fillmore with compliments of Chas. S. P. Bowles. DLC
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- 1 col. map 57 x 82 cm.
- Call Number
- G3701.P3 1866 .D4
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- g3701p rr003270 http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.gmd/g3701p.rr003270
- Library of Congress Catalog Number
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Railroad Maps, 1828 to 1900
Transportation and Communication Cartographic Items
Geography and Map Division