Maps Maps showing the Atlantic & Pacific Railroad and leased lines.
G.W. & C. Colton & Co.
Atlantic and Pacific Railroad Company
Chicago & Pacific Railroad
Mines and Mineral Resources
Railroad Land Grants
- Maps showing the Atlantic & Pacific Railroad and leased lines.
- Special map shows the main line and land grant in Missouri and includes iron and lead regions; general map covers United States showing the railroad network with the main lines distinguished by color; created by Act of Congress, July 27, 1866, with a land grant of 42 million acres; entry 329 shows extent of land grant in Arizona and New Mexico.
- Contributor Names
- G.W. & C.B. Colton & Co.
- Created / Published
- New York, 1873.
- Subject Headings
- - Atlantic and Pacific Railroad Company--Maps
- - Chicago & Pacific Railroad--Maps
- - Railroads--United States--Maps
- - Railroads--Missouri--Maps
- - Mines and mineral resources--Missouri--Maps
- - Railroad land grants--Missouri--Maps
- - United States
- - United States--Missouri
- - Scale ca. 1:150,000 and ca. 1:7,000,000.
- - LC Railroad maps, 328
- - Description derived from published bibliography.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- col. map 2 maps on one sheet 61 x 61 cm.
- Call Number
- G3701.P3 1873 .G15
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- g3701p rr003280 http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.gmd/g3701p.rr003280
- Library of Congress Catalog Number
Rights & Access
Rights and Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Electronic Sources on the Learning Page.
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.