Maps Map of the Catawissa, Williamsport & Erie Rail Road; showing its connection with the north and west by the Williamsport and Elmira Rail Road, & its connection with Philada. & New York by the Reading & Lehigh Valley R. Rd.
Catawissa, Williamsport and Erie Railroad Company
- Map of the Catawissa, Williamsport & Erie Rail Road; showing its connection with the north and west by the Williamsport and Elmira Rail Road, & its connection with Philada. & New York by the Reading & Lehigh Valley R. Rd.
- Contributor Names
- Kimber, Thomas, Jr.
- Created / Published
- [n.p., 1856]
- Subject Headings
- - Catawissa, Williamsport and Erie Railroad Company
- - Railroads--Pennsylvania
- - United States--Pennsylvania
- - Scale ca. 1:340,000.
- - From Report of the President of the Catawissa, Williamsport and Erie Railroad Company to the Managers, October 28th, 1856 (Philadelphia, Office of the Company, 1856).
- - LC Railroad maps, 361
- - Description derived from published bibliography.
- - Map of Pennsylvania from Philadelphia north to the New York boundary and west to Williamsport. Shows county boundaries, drainage, coal field, important cities, and the existing and proposed railroads. Chartered in 1835 as the Little Schuylkill and Susequehanna Railroad.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- map 74 x 61 cm.
- Call Number
- G3821.P3 1856 .K5
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- g3821p rr003610 http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.gmd/g3821p.rr003610
- Library of Congress Catalog Number
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Railroad Maps, 1828 to 1900
Transportation and Communication Cartographic Items
Geography and Map Division