Maps Correct map of Dakota compiled from United States and Territorial surveys Nov. 1, 1882.
Rand Mcnally and Company
Chicago and North Western Railway Company
- Correct map of Dakota compiled from United States and Territorial surveys Nov. 1, 1882.
- "The large lines on the above map show the location of the Chicago & North-Western Railway, and its branches, the small lines its connections." Shows relief by hachures, drainage, cities and towns, townships, counties, and railroads.
- Contributor Names
- Rand McNally and Company.
- Created / Published
- [Chicago, 1882]
- Subject Headings
- - Chicago and North Western Railway Company--Maps
- - Railroads--South Dakota--Maps
- - Railroads--North Dakota--Maps
- - United States--South Dakota
- - United States--North Dakota
- - Scale 1:1,500,000.
- - LC Railroad maps, 370
- - Description derived from published bibliography.
- - Inset: [North-central states] 16 x 34 cm.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- map 61 x 47 cm.
- Call Number
- G4181.P3 1882 .R3
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- g4181p rr003700 http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.gmd/g4181p.rr003700
- Library of Congress Catalog Number
Rights & Access
Rights and Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Electronic Sources on the Learning Page.
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.