Maps A map of part of Alabama & Florida, showing the route of the proposed Columbus & Pensacola Rail Road, accompanying the report of Major J. D. Graham, U.S. Topographical Engr. Feb. 6th, 1836; drawn chiefly from the original surveys in the Gen. Land Office at Washington by Wm. R. Palmer, U.S. Asst. Civil Engr.
Palmer, W. R.
Columbus and Pensacola Railroad
- A map of part of Alabama & Florida, showing the route of the proposed Columbus & Pensacola Rail Road, accompanying the report of Major J. D. Graham, U.S. Topographical Engr. Feb. 6th, 1836; drawn chiefly from the original surveys in the Gen. Land Office at Washington by Wm. R. Palmer, U.S. Asst. Civil Engr.
- Map of southern Alabama and part of western Florida showing roads, cities, and drainage.
- Contributor Names
- Palmer, W. R. (William R.), -1862.
- Created / Published
- [n.p., 1836]
- Subject Headings
- - Railroads--Alabama--Maps
- - Railroads--Florida--Maps
- - Columbus and Pensacola Railroad
- - United States--Alabama
- - United States--Florida
- - Scale ca. 1:800,000.
- - At head of title: No. 1.
- - From Letter from the Secretary of War.
- - LC Railroad maps, 388
- - Description derived from published bibliography.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- map 56 x 52 cm.
- Call Number
- G3791.P3 1836 .P3
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- g3971p rr003880 http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.gmd/g3971p.rr003880
- Library of Congress Catalog Number
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Railroad Maps, 1828 to 1900
Transportation and Communication Cartographic Items
Geography and Map Division