Maps Map of the proposed Great Western and Lake Erie Rail Road of Pennsylvania projected for the Sunbury Erie and Pittsburg [sic] Rail Road Convention by James Herron Civil Engineer.
Great Western and Lake Erie Railroad
- Map of the proposed Great Western and Lake Erie Rail Road of Pennsylvania projected for the Sunbury Erie and Pittsburg [sic] Rail Road Convention by James Herron Civil Engineer.
- Contributor Names
- Herron, James.
- Created / Published
- [n.p.], 1847.
- Subject Headings
- - Great Western and Lake Erie Railroad
- - Railroads--Pennsylvania
- - United States--Pennsylvania
- - Scale ca. 1:1,100,000.
- - LC Railroad maps, 423
- - Description derived from published bibliography.
- - Physical map of Pennsylvania and parts of adjacent states showing drainage, relief by hachures, spot heights in feet, state boundaries, canals, cities and towns. Finished and proposed railroads with names of lines and mileages are indicated.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- map 48 x 67 cm.
- Call Number
- G3821.P3 1847 .H4
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- g3821p rr004230 http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.gmd/g3821p.rr004230
- Library of Congress Catalog Number
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Railroad Maps, 1828 to 1900
Transportation and Communication Cartographic Items
Geography and Map Division