Maps Map of Illinois Central R.R.
Rand Mcnally and Company
Illinois Central Railroad Company
- Map of Illinois Central R.R.
- Contributor Names
- Rand McNally and Company.
- Created / Published
- [Chicago, 1892]
- Subject Headings
- - Illinois Central Railroad Company
- - Railroads--Middle West
- - United States--Middle West
- - Scale ca. 1:2,700,000.
- - At top of map in ms: "Recd with RR Co. Report June 30/92 (Actually rec. Oct. 14/92)."
- - LC Railroad maps, 431
- - Description derived from published bibliography.
- - U.S. central states from Great Lakes to Gulf of Mexico, showing relief by hachures, drainage, cities and towns, roads and railroads. Principal north-south line, chartered in 1850 and incorporated in 1851. 706 miles opened for traffic in 1856. First railroad to receive lands granted by the passage of the "Illinois Central Land Grant Bill."
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- col. map 92 x 62 cm.
- Call Number
- G4041.P3 1892 .R3
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- g4041p rr004310 http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.gmd/g4041p.rr004310
- Library of Congress Catalog Number
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Railroad Maps, 1828 to 1900
Transportation and Communication Cartographic Items
Geography and Map Division