Maps Map of Long Island showing the Long Island Railroad.
Long Island Rail Road
Long Island Rail Road
New York (State)
- Map of Long Island showing the Long Island Railroad.
- Map showing drainage, township and county boundaries, cities and towns, roads, and railroads.
- Contributor Names
- Long Island Rail Road.
- Created / Published
- [n.p.], c1884.
- Subject Headings
- - Long Island Rail Road--Maps
- - Railroads--New York (State)--Long Island--Maps
- - United States--New York (State)--Long Island
- - Scale ca. 1:400,000.
- - In upper right of map: Mileage of the Long Island R.R.
- - LC has "Large version" c1886 which measures 39 x 107 cm.
- - LC Railroad maps, 448
- - Description derived from published bibliography.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- col. map 19 x 53 cm.
- Call Number
- G3802.L6P3 1884 .L6
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- g3802l rr004480 http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.gmd/g3802l.rr004480
- Library of Congress Catalog Number
Rights & Access
Rights and Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Electronic Sources on the Learning Page.
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.