Maps Topographical map of the Mine Hill and Schuylkill-Haven Rail Road with its branches and extension to Ashland; surveyed and drawn by Henry W. Poole, Civl. Topl. Ming. Engr. Pottsville, Pa. Dec. 1854, to accompany the Report to the stockholders.
Poole, Henry W.
Mine Hill and Schuylkill Haven Railroad Company
- Topographical map of the Mine Hill and Schuylkill-Haven Rail Road with its branches and extension to Ashland; surveyed and drawn by Henry W. Poole, Civl. Topl. Ming. Engr. Pottsville, Pa. Dec. 1854, to accompany the Report to the stockholders.
- Contributor Names
- Poole, Henry W. 1825-1890. (Henry Ward),
- Created / Published
- [n.p., 1854]
- Subject Headings
- - Mine Hill and Schuylkill Haven Railroad Company
- - Railroads--Pennsylvania--Schuylkill County
- - United States--Pennsylvania--Schuylkill County
- - Scale 1:24,000.
- - LC Railroad maps, 467
- - Description derived from published bibliography.
- - Map of Pennsylvania between Schuylkill Haven and Ashland showing drainage, relief by hachures, cities, towns, individual buildings, mines, mills, and the mining branch rail lines. Chartered on the March 24, 1828. 13 miles opened in 1831. Completed to Ashland in 1857. See entry 468.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- map 99 x 99 cm.
- Call Number
- G3823.S3P3 1854 .P6
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- g3823s rr004670 http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.gmd/g3823s.rr004670
- Library of Congress Catalog Number
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Railroad Maps, 1828 to 1900
Transportation and Communication Cartographic Items
Geography and Map Division