Maps Map showing route of Norfolk & Petersburg Rail Road and its connections with Ohio & Mississippi Rivers, William Mahone, Chief Engineer, F. Bourquin & Co., Philada.
Norfolk and Petersburg Railroad Company
- Map showing route of Norfolk & Petersburg Rail Road and its connections with Ohio & Mississippi Rivers, William Mahone, Chief Engineer, F. Bourquin & Co., Philada.
- Map of the eastern United States between the Chesapeake Bay and the Mississippi River. Shows drainage, place names and the railroad network. Chartered March 17, 1851. Line completed in 1858. consolidated in April 1871, forming part of the Atlantic, Mississippi, and Ohio Railroad.
- Contributor Names
- Mahone, William, 1826-1895.
- Created / Published
- Norfolk, Va., 
- Subject Headings
- - Norfolk and Petersburg Railroad Company--Maps
- - Railroads--United States--Maps
- - United States
- - Scale 1:1,267,200.
- - LC Railroad maps, 491
- - Description derived from published bibliography.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- map 66 x 116 cm.
- Call Number
- G3701.P3 1858 .M3
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- g3701p rr004910 http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.gmd/g3701p.rr004910
- Library of Congress Catalog Number
Rights & Access
Rights and Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Electronic Sources on the Learning Page.
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.