Maps Map showing the N.E. & S.W. Alabama R.R. with its connections also the principal routes between New York and New Orleans.
Hoyer & Ludwig
Mines and Mineral Resources
North East and South West Alabama Railroad
Railroad Land Grants
- Map showing the N.E. & S.W. Alabama R.R. with its connections also the principal routes between New York and New Orleans.
- Outline map of the eastern United states including Cuba and the Gulf of Mexico. Shows the railroad network and steamship routes. Indicates the railroad land grant and the coal and iron deposits in Alabama. Distances from Washington, D.C., to New Orleans, La. are shown below the title. Chartered in 1853 and 1854. Consolidated with the Wills Valley Railroad, forming the Alabama and Chattanooga Railroad.
- Contributor Names
- Hoyer & Ludwig.
- Created / Published
- Richmond, Va., [185-]
- Subject Headings
- - North East and South West Alabama Railroad
- - Railroads--United States--Maps
- - Railroad land grants--Alabama--Maps
- - Mines and mineral resources--Alabama--Maps
- - United States
- - United States--Alabama
- - Scale ca. 1:5,000,000.
- - LC Railroad maps, 494
- - Description derived from published bibliography.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- col. map 71 x 55 cm.
- Call Number
- G3701.P3 185- .H6
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- g3701p rr004940 http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.gmd/g3701p.rr004940
- Library of Congress Catalog Number
Rights & Access
Rights and Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Electronic Sources on the Learning Page.
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.