Map of the country tributary to the Northern Pacific Railroad, compiled from English, Canadian, and American official sources and original surveys by Edward H. Knight, Jan. 1st 1871.
Knight, E. H.
Coal Mines and Mining
Northern Pacific Railroad Company
- Map of the country tributary to the Northern Pacific Railroad, compiled from English, Canadian, and American official sources and original surveys by Edward H. Knight, Jan. 1st 1871.
- Contributor Names
- Knight, E. H. (Edward H.)
- Created Published
- [N.P., 1871]
- Subject Headings
- - Northern Pacific Railroad Company--Maps.
- - Railroads--Maps.--Northwestern States
- - Coal mines and mining--Maps.--Northwestern States
- - Coal mines and mining--Maps.--Canada
- - United States--Northwestern States.
- - Canada.
- - Scale ca. 1:3,000,000.
- - LC Railroad maps, 499
- - Description derived from published bibliography.
- - Map of northwest part of United States and southwest part of Canada showing relief by hachures, drainage, isotherms, the wheat region, cities and towns, forts, routes and trails, the railroad network and the proposed Northern Pacific Railroad. The line was constructed under an act of Congress approved by Abraham Lincoln, July 2, 1864. It was completed in 1883 and approximates the route of exploration taken by Lewis and Clark in 1804-06.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- Col. Map 98 X 116 Cm.
- Call Number
- G4126.P3 1871 .K58
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- g4126p rr004990 http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.gmd/g4126p.rr004990
- Library of Congress Catalog Number
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Railroad Maps, 1828 to 1900
Transportation and Communication Cartographic Items
Geography and Map Division