Maps New and correct map of the lines of the Northern Pacific Railroad and Oregon Railway & Navigation Co.
Rand Mcnally and Company
Northern Pacific Railroad Company
- New and correct map of the lines of the Northern Pacific Railroad and Oregon Railway & Navigation Co.
- Contributor Names
- Rand McNally and Company.
- Created / Published
- Chicago, 1883.
- Subject Headings
- - Northern Pacific Railroad Company--Maps
- - Railroads--Maps.--United States
- - United States
- - Scale ca. 1:6,000,000.
- - Signed in ms: "Wm H Brewer October 1883."
- - An uncolored facsimile edition of this map was published by Rand McNally and Company in celebration of their centennial in 1956.
- - Information missing from center of map due to trimming. DLC
- - LC Railroad maps, 501
- - Description derived from published bibliography.
- - Map of northern United States and part of Canada showing relief by hachures, drainage, cities and towns, and railroads. Shaded area shows land grant. Main lines indicated by heavy black and red.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- col. map 39 x 110 cm.
- Call Number
- G3701.P3 1883 .R3
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- g3701p rr005010 http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.gmd/g3701p.rr005010
- Library of Congress Catalog Number
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Railroad Maps, 1828 to 1900
Transportation and Communication Cartographic Items
Geography and Map Division