Maps Map of the Old Colony Rail Road with its branches & connecting roads, prepared under the direction of the Committee of Investigation, Jany. 1850, S. Dwight Eaton, Engr.
Ferguson, W. E.
Old Colony Railroad Company
- Map of the Old Colony Rail Road with its branches & connecting roads, prepared under the direction of the Committee of Investigation, Jany. 1850, S. Dwight Eaton, Engr.
- Map of eastern Massachusetts covering the area from Boston to Wood's Hole and west to Providence, R.I. Shows drainage, place names and counties, and indicates mileage between stations. The Old Colony Railroad is double-tracked from Boston, south to South Braintree. The line was incorporated in 1844.
- Contributor Names
- Ferguson, W. E.
- Created / Published
- [Boston], 1850.
- Subject Headings
- - Old Colony Railroad Company--Maps
- - Railroads--Massachusetts--Maps
- - United States--Massachusetts
- - Scale ca. 1:150,000.
- - LC Railroad maps, 506
- - Description derived from published bibliography.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- col. map 70 x 50 cm.
- Call Number
- G3761.P3 1850 .F4
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- g3761p rr005060 http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.gmd/g3761p.rr005060
- Library of Congress Catalog Number
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Railroad Maps, 1828 to 1900
Transportation and Communication Cartographic Items
Geography and Map Division