Maps Route of the Pacific and Atlantic Rail Road between San Francisco, & San Jose, as located by Wm. J. Lewis, Chief Engineer, in Sept. Oct. & Nov. 1851.
Lewis, William J.
San Francisco Bay Area
Pacific and Atlantic Railroad Company
San Francisco Bay Area
- Route of the Pacific and Atlantic Rail Road between San Francisco, & San Jose, as located by Wm. J. Lewis, Chief Engineer, in Sept. Oct. & Nov. 1851.
- Contributor Names
- Lewis, William J.
- Created / Published
- S[an] F[rancisco], 
- Subject Headings
- - Pacific and Atlantic Railroad Company
- - Railroads--Maps.--California--San Francisco Bay Area
- - United States--California--San Francisco Bay Area
- - Scale ca. 1:120,000.
- - LC Railroad maps, 510
- - Description derived from published bibliography.
- - Map of the coast between San Francisco and San Jose showing roads, property owners, streams, and relief by hachures.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- map 20 x 69 cm.
- Call Number
- G4362.S22P3 1851 .L3
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- g4362s rr005100 http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.gmd/g4362s.rr005100
- Library of Congress Catalog Number
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Railroad Maps, 1828 to 1900
Transportation and Communication Cartographic Items
Geography and Map Division