Map representing the route of the Philada. & Erie Rail Road its connections and the mineral lands in its vicinity.
Sinclair, Thomas S.
Middle Atlantic States
Middle Atlantic States
Philadelphia and Erie Railroad
- Map representing the route of the Philada. & Erie Rail Road its connections and the mineral lands in its vicinity.
- Contributor Names
- Sinclair, Thomas S.,
- Created Published
- Philadelphia, 
- Subject Headings
- - Philadelphia and Erie Railroad.
- - Railroads--Pennsylvania
- - Railroads--Middle Atlantic States
- - United States--Pennsylvania.
- - United States--Middle Atlantic States.
- - Scale ca. 1:650,000.
- - At top of map: "Profile of Sunbury & Erie R.R."
- - The original title which read "... Sunbury & Erie ..." has been altered by a printed label wich reads "... Philada. & Erie ..."
- - LC Railroad maps, 524
- - Description derived from published bibliography.
- - Detailed map of Pennsylvania and parts of adjacent states indicating major drainage, relief by hachures, state boundaries, county boundaries in Pennsylvania, and major cities. Canals and railroads are annotated in colors. Chartered under the name Sunbury and Erie Railroad on April 3, 1837. Name changed in 1861 to the above. See also entries 571-573.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- Map 66 X 127 Cm.
- Call Number
- G3821.P3 1852 .S56
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- g3821p rr005240 http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.gmd/g3821p.rr005240
- Library of Congress Catalog Number
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Railroad Maps, 1828 to 1900
Transportation and Communication Cartographic Items
Geography and Map Division