Maps Map of the Philadelphia & Erie Rail Road the city and harbor of Erie its western terminus, and the state of Pennsylvania showing the different rail-road connections, from the latest surveys constructed and drawn by John F. Burgin, C & Topl. Engineer 1862.
Burgin, John F.
Philadelphia and Erie Railroad
- Map of the Philadelphia & Erie Rail Road the city and harbor of Erie its western terminus, and the state of Pennsylvania showing the different rail-road connections, from the latest surveys constructed and drawn by John F. Burgin, C & Topl. Engineer 1862.
- Detailed strip map from rights of way surveys showing the location of the line between Sunbury and Erie and the counties through which the line traverses. Relief by hachures, drainage, cities and towns along the line are shown. Railroad stations and distances in 10-mile intervals are indicated.
- Contributor Names
- Burgin, John F.
- Created / Published
- Buffalo, 1862.
- Subject Headings
- - Philadelphia and Erie Railroad
- - Railroads--Pennsylvania--Maps
- - United States--Pennsylvania
- - Scale ca. 1:443,000.
- - LC Railroad maps, 525
- - Description derived from published bibliography.
- - Insets: City and harbor of Erie [and table of distances] 27 x 42 cm.--State of Pennsylvania. 27 x 42 cm.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- col. map 62 x 102 cm.
- Call Number
- G3821.P3 1862 .B8
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- g3821p rr005250 http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.gmd/g3821p.rr005250
- Library of Congress Catalog Number
Rights & Access
Rights and Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Electronic Sources on the Learning Page.
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.