Maps Map of the Virginia Central Rail Road showing the connection between tide water Virginia, and the Ohio River at Big Sandy, Guyandotte and Point Pleasant; made by W. Vaisz Top. Eng.
Virginia Central Railroad Company
- Map of the Virginia Central Rail Road showing the connection between tide water Virginia, and the Ohio River at Big Sandy, Guyandotte and Point Pleasant; made by W. Vaisz Top. Eng.
- Map of Virginia and parts of adjacent states showing drainage, county boundaries, place names and "McAdamised" roads.
- Contributor Names
- Vaisz, W.
- Created / Published
- Philad[elphi]a, 
- Subject Headings
- - Virginia Central Railroad Company--Maps
- - Railroads--Virginia--Maps
- - Railroads--West Virginia--Maps
- - United States--Virginia
- - United States--West Virginia
- - Scale ca. 1:1,250,000.
- - Tables at lower left of map list "Counties bordering on the Central R. R. with their Population" and "Distances."
- - LC Railroad maps, 601
- - Description derived from published bibliography.
- - Copy 1: Route between Richmond, VA and Pt. Pleasant and Guyandotte, WV annotated by hand color.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - copy 2 is a negative photostat
- col. map, 46 x 70 cm.
- Call Number
- G3881.P3 1852 .V3
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- g3881p rr006010 http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.gmd/g3881p.rr006010
- Library of Congress Catalog Number
Rights & Access
Rights and Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Electronic Sources on the Learning Page.
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.