Maps Map showing the line of the Virginia, Tennessee, & Georgia Air Line composed of the Shenandoah Valley R.R., Norfolk & Western R.R. and the East Tennessee, Virginia, & Georgia R.R.
G.W. & C.B. Colton & Co.
Virginia, Tennessee, and Georgia Air Line Railroad
- Map showing the line of the Virginia, Tennessee, & Georgia Air Line composed of the Shenandoah Valley R.R., Norfolk & Western R.R. and the East Tennessee, Virginia, & Georgia R.R.
- Contributor Names
- G.W. & C.B. Colton & Co.
- Created / Published
- New York, 1881.
- Subject Headings
- - Virginia, Tennessee, and Georgia Air Line Railroad
- - Railroads--United States
- - United States
- - Scale 1:3,800,000.
- - LC Railroad maps, 604
- - Description derived from published bibliography.
- - Map of the southern United States showing drainage, cities and towns, state boundaries, table of distances, and the railroads distinguished by color.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- col. map 49 x 65 cm.
- Call Number
- G3701.P3 1881 .G18
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- g3701p rr006040 http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.gmd/g3701p.rr006040
- Library of Congress Catalog Number
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Railroad Maps, 1828 to 1900
Transportation and Communication Cartographic Items
Geography and Map Division