President reviewing school children /
Articles and Essays with this item:
San Francisco (Calif.)
- President reviewing school children /
- Translated Title
- President Roosevelt Reviewing School Children
- Created Published
- United States : American Mutoscope and Biograph Company, 1903.
- Subject Headings
- - Roosevelt, Theodore,--1858 to 1919
- - School Children California San Francisco
- - Copyright: American Mutoscope & Biograph Co.; 4June1903; H32393.
- - Camera, Herbert J. Miles.
- - Appearing: Theodore Roosevelt.
- - Duration: 2:03 at 18 fps.
- - From the side of a broad avenue, a crowd of people await the arrival of President Theodore Roosevelt. The marching military that precedes his carriage can be seen at a distance of a quarter of a mile away. Four other camera positions along the march include the escort, the dignitaries, and at the conclusion, Roosevelt in his carriage.
- - One of several films taken during President Theodore Roosevelt's visit to San Francisco on May 12-13, 1903 as part of his presidential tour of the West in 1903.
- - Paper print shelf number (LC 1812) was changed when the paper prints were re-housed. DLC
- - Additional holdings for this title may be available. Contact reference librarian. DLC
- - Filmed May 26, 1903, in San Francisco, Calfornia.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as digital files.
- - Sources used: Copyright catalog, motion pictures, 1894-1912; Niver, K.R. Early motion pictures, 1985, p. 257; American Film Institute catalog, film beginnings, 1893-1910, A.12403.
- - Early motion pictures : the Paper Print Collection in the Library of Congress / by Kemp R. Niver. Library of Congress. 1985.
- Viewing Print 1 Film Reel of 1 (35 Ft.) : Si., B&W ; 16 Mm.
- Viewing Print 1 Film Reel of 1 (Ca. 90 Ft.) : Si., B&W ; 35 Mm.
- Dupe Neg Pic 1 Film Reel of 1 (35 Ft.) : Si., B&W ; 16 Mm.
- Dupe Neg Pic 1 Film Reel of 1 (Ca. 90 Ft.) : Si., B&W ; 35 Mm.
- Paper Pos 1 Roll of 1 (Ca. 80 Ft.) : Si., B&W ; 35 Mm.
- Paper Pos (Copy 2) 1 Roll of 1 (Ca. 90 Ft.) : B&W ; 35 Mm.
- Call Number
- FLA 4826 (viewing print)
- FEB 5462 (viewing print)
- FRA 1835 (dupe neg pic)
- FPE 6837 (dupe neg pic)
- Box 0668D (paper pos)
- Box 5191B (paper pos, copy 2)
- Library of Congress Motion Picture, Broadcasting and Recorded Sound Division Washington, D.C. 20540 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- trmp 4091 http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.mbrsmi/trmp.4091
- Library of Congress Catalog Number
Rights & Access
The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and makes no warranty with regard to their use for other purposes. The written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as holders of publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions.
While the Library is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17, U.S.C.) or any other restrictions in the materials in Theodore Roosevelt: His Life and Times on Film, there may be content protected as "works for hire" (copyright may be held by the party that commissioned the original work) and/or under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. The Library is eager to hear from individuals or institutions that have information about these materials or know of their history.
Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item. Users should consult the catalog information that accompanies each item for specific information. This catalog data provides the details known to the Library of Congress regarding the corresponding item and may assist users in making independent assessments of the legal status of these items as related to their desired uses.
The following films are made available here with permission from the Theodore Roosevelt Association, P.O. Box 719, Oyster Bay, N.Y. 11771 (Internet address: email@example.com):The Story of the Panama Canal 
T. R.'s Return from Africa, 1910 
A Visit to Theodore Roosevelt at His Home at Sagamore Hill, Oyster Bay, L.I., 1912
Roosevelt, Friend of the Birds 
The Roosevelt Dam 
The River of Doubt .
Permission may be needed from the Theodore Roosevelt Association before using these films for other purposes.
Suggested credit line: Library of Congress, Motion Picture, Broadcasting, and Recorded Sound Division.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Theodore Roosevelt: His Life and Times on Film
Motion Picture, Broadcasting and Recorded Sound Division