Film, Video Peace envoys at Portsmouth, N.H. /
Articles and Essays with this item:
Russo Japanese War
- Peace envoys at Portsmouth, N.H. /
- Other Title
- Peace envoys at Portsmouth, New Hampshire
- Japanese-Russian peace envoys
- peace envoys at portsmouth, new hampshire
- japanese-russian peace envoys
- The Japanese and Russian peace envoys arrive and depart in automobiles, horse-drawn vehicles, or steam yachts, with arbitration groups from the United States. Neutral areas are designated for the conference, the docks, and the buildings in which the conference is held, as well as the parade in the streets.
- Created / Published
- United States : American Mutoscope and Biograph Company, 1905.
- Subject Headings
- - Russo-Japanese War, 1904-1905--Peace--New Hampshire--Portsmouth
- - H64599 U.S. Copyright Office
- - Copyright: American Mutoscope & Biograph Co.; 15August1905; H64599.
- - Camera, G.W. Bitzer.
- - Duration: 3:48 (part 1), 3:12 (part 2) at 16 fps.
- - Filmed July 19, 1905, in Portsmouth, N.Y.
- - Sources used: Copyright catalog, motion pictures, 1894-1912; Niver, K.R. Early motion pictures, 1985; American Film Institute catalog, film beginnings, 1893-1910, A.11820.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as digital files.
- - Received: ca. 1956 from Academy; viewing print; preservation; Paper Print Collection.
- - Received: n.d.; dupe negs; preservation; Paper Print Collection.
- - Received: 1905-08-15; paper pos; copyright deposit; Paper Print Collection.
- 1 film reel of 1 (173 ft.) : si., b&w ; 16 mm. viewing print.
- 1 film reel of 1 (173 ft.) : si., b&w ; 16 mm. dupe neg pic.
- 1 film reel of 1 (173 ft.) : si., b&w ; 16 mm. dupe neg (copy 2)
- 1 roll (ca. 500 ft.) : si., b&w ; 35 mm. paper pos.
- Call Number
- FLA 5631 (viewing print)
- FRA 2476 (dupe neg pic)
- FRA 2477 (dupe neg pic, copy 2)
- LC 2672 (paper pos)
- Library of Congress Motion Picture, Broadcasting and Recorded Sound Division Washington, D.C. 20540 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- trmp 4130s1 http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.mbrsmi/trmp.4130
- Library of Congress Catalog Number
Rights & Access
The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and makes no warranty with regard to their use for other purposes. The written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as holders of publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions.
While the Library is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17, U.S.C.) or any other restrictions in the materials in Theodore Roosevelt: His Life and Times on Film, there may be content protected as "works for hire" (copyright may be held by the party that commissioned the original work) and/or under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. The Library is eager to hear from individuals or institutions that have information about these materials or know of their history.
Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item. Users should consult the catalog information that accompanies each item for specific information. This catalog data provides the details known to the Library of Congress regarding the corresponding item and may assist users in making independent assessments of the legal status of these items as related to their desired uses.
The following films are made available here with permission from the Theodore Roosevelt Association, P.O. Box 719, Oyster Bay, N.Y. 11771 (Internet address: firstname.lastname@example.org):The Story of the Panama Canal 
T. R.'s Return from Africa, 1910 
A Visit to Theodore Roosevelt at His Home at Sagamore Hill, Oyster Bay, L.I., 1912
Roosevelt, Friend of the Birds 
The Roosevelt Dam 
The River of Doubt .
Permission may be needed from the Theodore Roosevelt Association before using these films for other purposes.
Suggested credit line: Library of Congress, Motion Picture, Broadcasting, and Recorded Sound Division.
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.