Film, Video President Roosevelt at the Army-Navy game /
Army Navy Football Game
Long, John Davis
- President Roosevelt at the Army-Navy game /
- Other Title
- President Roosevelt crossing the field
- Pres. Roosevelt crossing field Navy-Army
- President Roosevelt at Army-Navy football game
- President Roosevelt crossing field Navy-Army
- president roosevelt at army-navy football game
- president roosevelt at the army-navy game
- president roosevelt at army-navy game
- pres. roosevelt crossing field navy-army
- president roosevelt crossing field navy-army
- Created / Published
- United States : American Mutoscope and Biograph Company, 1902.
- Subject Headings
- - Roosevelt, Theodore,--1858-1919
- - Root, Elihu,--1845-1937
- - Long, John Davis,--1838-1915
- - Army-Navy Football Game
- - Copyright: American Mutoscope & Biograph Co.; 10Apr1902; H16354.
- - Camera, James Congdon.
- - Appearing: Theodore Roosevelt, Elihu Root, John D. Long.
- - Duration: 0:20 at 16 fps.
- - President Roosevelt, accompanied by Secretary of War Root, Secretary of the Navy Long, and a number of others, crosses the football field during the half-time of the game.
- - MAVIS 1836312; President Roosevelt at the Army-Navy game. DLC
- - Paper print shelf number (LC 0452) was changed when the paper prints were re-housed. DLC
- - Filmed November 30, 1901, in Philadelphia, PA.
- - Sources used: Copyright catalog, motion pictures, 1894-1912; Niver, K.R. Early motion pictures, 1985; American Film Institute catalog, film beginnings, 1893-1910, A.12408.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as digital files.
- 1 film reel of 1 (ca. 20 sec., 22 ft.) : si., b&w ; 16 mm. viewing print.
- 1 film reel of 1 (ca. 20 sec., 22 ft.) : si., b&w ; 16 mm. dupe neg pic.
- 1 film reel of 1 (ca. 20 sec., 22 ft.) : si., b&w ; 16 mm. reversal master pos.
- 1 roll (ca. 25 ft.) : b&w ; 35 mm. paper pos.
- 1 roll (ca. 25 ft.) : b&w ; 35 mm. paper pos (copy 2)
- Call Number
- FLA 3466 (viewing print)
- FRA 0748 (dupe neg pic)
- FRB 1603 (reversal master pos)
- Box 0848 (paper pos)
- Box 5408 (paper pos, copy 2)
- Library of Congress Motion Picture, Broadcasting and Recorded Sound Division Washington, D.C. 20540 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- trmp 4133 http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.mbrsmi/trmp.4133
- Library of Congress Catalog Number
Rights & Access
The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and makes no warranty with regard to their use for other purposes. The written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as holders of publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions.
While the Library is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17, U.S.C.) or any other restrictions in the materials in Theodore Roosevelt: His Life and Times on Film, there may be content protected as "works for hire" (copyright may be held by the party that commissioned the original work) and/or under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. The Library is eager to hear from individuals or institutions that have information about these materials or know of their history.
Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item. Users should consult the catalog information that accompanies each item for specific information. This catalog data provides the details known to the Library of Congress regarding the corresponding item and may assist users in making independent assessments of the legal status of these items as related to their desired uses.
The following films are made available here with permission from the Theodore Roosevelt Association, P.O. Box 719, Oyster Bay, N.Y. 11771 (Internet address: firstname.lastname@example.org):The Story of the Panama Canal 
T. R.'s Return from Africa, 1910 
A Visit to Theodore Roosevelt at His Home at Sagamore Hill, Oyster Bay, L.I., 1912
Roosevelt, Friend of the Birds 
The Roosevelt Dam 
The River of Doubt .
Permission may be needed from the Theodore Roosevelt Association before using these films for other purposes.
Suggested credit line: Library of Congress, Motion Picture, Broadcasting, and Recorded Sound Division.
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.