Gettysburg and vicinity, showing the lines of battle, July, 1863, and the land purchased and dedicated to the public by General S. Wylie Crawford and the Gettysburg Battlefield Memorial Association
Long, James T.
Gettysburg (Pa.), Battle Of.
- Gettysburg and vicinity, showing the lines of battle, July, 1863, and the land purchased and dedicated to the public by General S. Wylie Crawford and the Gettysburg Battlefield Memorial Association
- Contributor Names
- Long, James T.
- Created Published
- [S.l., c1891]
- Subject Headings
- - Gettysburg, Battle of, Gettysburg, Pa., 1863
- - United States--Pennsylvania--Gettysburg Region.
- - Gettysburg (Pa.), Battle of.
- - Scale 1:15,840.
- - LC Civil War Maps (2nd ed.), 342
- - From his Gettysburg: How the battle was fought. c1891.
- - Inset: Site of Gen. Gregg's calvary [sic] operations. Three miles east of Gettysburg. Uncolored. Scale 1:63,360. 13 x 7 cm.
- - Shows Union positions in blue and Confederate positions in red, roads, houses and names of residents, fences, railroad, vegetation, and drainage.
- - Description derived from published bibliography.
- - "34746" Printed in Lower Left Hand Margin.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress web site as raster image.
- 1 Map, Col., 41 X 32 Cm.
- Call Number
- G3824.G3S5 1863 .L6
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 dcu
- Digital Id
- g3824g cw0342000 http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.gmd/g3824g.cw0342000
- Library of Congress Catalog Number
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.