Maps Battlefield of Manassas, Va. close of the action August 29th, 1862
Bull Run, 2nd Battle Of, Va
Bull Run, 2nd Battle Of, Va.
- Battlefield of Manassas, Va. close of the action August 29th, 1862
- Contributor Names
- Pope, John, 1822-1892.
- Created / Published
- [Washington, Government Printing Office, 1866]
- Subject Headings
- - Bull Run, 2nd Battle of, Va., 1862--Maps
- - United States--Virginia--Manassas Region
- - Bull Run, 2nd Battle of, Va
- - Scale 1:25,344 ("2 1/2 inches to one mile").
- - LC Civil War Maps (2nd ed.), 573.5
- - From U.S. Congress. Joint Committee on the Conduct of the War. Supplemental report of the Joint Committee on the Conduct of the war, in two volumes. Supplemental to Senate report no. 142, 38th Congress, 2d session (Washington, Government Printing Office, 1866). v. 2, fol. p. 190.
- - Accompanies "Report of Major General John Pope to the hon. Committee on the Conduct of the War." 217 p.
- - "No. 5" is in the upper right margin.
- - Map indicates roads, railroads, place names, drainage, relief by hachures, and troop positions.
- - Another copy is in the Fitz-John Porter papers, Manuscript Division, L.C., container no. 55. Handwritten note on verso reads as follows: There is very little in accuracy in this map. Porter is entirely misplaced & thrown some miles in front of his true position. Kings division of McDowell's Corps never reached the position assigned beyond Groveton. Kearney also is thrown too far forward. A map of the positions on 28" 29" & 30th was sent to the War Department when Gen. Belknap was there by Gen. Porter before this colored map was thought of-with the request it might be used in compiling any map of 2d Bull Run. The data on that map was verified by Confederate as well as our officers.
- - Description derived from published bibliography.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress web site as raster image.
- 1 map, 19 x 22 cm.
- Call Number
- G3884.M25S5 1862 .P6
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Catalog Number
- Other Formats
- - MARCXML Record
- - MODS Record
- - Dublin Core Record
- Catalog Record
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.