Maps General plan of the field-fortifications around Corinth, Miss. : also exhibiting the rebel entrenchments and the approaches of the U.S. forces during May 1862 under Major Genl. H. W. Halleck, U.S.A. /
Prime, Fred. E.
Corinth, Battle Of, Corinth, Miss.
- General plan of the field-fortifications around Corinth, Miss. : also exhibiting the rebel entrenchments and the approaches of the U.S. forces during May 1862 under Major Genl. H. W. Halleck, U.S.A. /
- Contributor Names
- Shraag, F.
- Theinert, F.
- Prime, Fred. E.
- Created / Published
- Subject Headings
- - Corinth, Battle of, Corinth, Miss., 1862--Maps, Manuscript
- - United States--Mississippi--Corinth
- - Relief shown by hachures and pictorially.
- - Pen-and-ink in red and blue.
- - Oriented with north to the bottom.
- - LC Civil War maps (2nd ed.), 269
- - In the right lower corner: Engineer Department, March 3, 1863. Received from Capt. Prime. See his letter of 19 January 1863 (P. 1266).
- - Detailed topographic map showing Union and Confederate fortifications by the colors blue and red respectively, powder magazines, city streets and buildings (both unnamed), rural houses and names of a few residents, fences, roads, railroads, vegetation, drainage, and artesian wells.
- - Copies imperfect: Edges of sheets torn.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress web site as raster image.
- 1 map on 12 sheets, col., ms., 219 x 213 cm., sheets 73 x 45 cm. or smaller.
- Call Number
- G3984.C8S5 1862 .S5
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Catalog Number
- Other Formats
- - MARCXML Record
- - MODS Record
- - Dublin Core Record
- Catalog Record
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.