Maps Map of Gettysburg and vicinity /
Gettysburg Region (Pa.)
Gettysburg, Battle Of, Gettysburg, Pa.
- Map of Gettysburg and vicinity /
- Contributor Names
- Weeks, Gaylord.
- Created / Published
- Subject Headings
- - Gettysburg, Battle of, Gettysburg, Pa., 1863--Maps, Manuscript
- - Gettysburg Region (Pa.)--Maps, Manuscript
- - United States--History--Civil War, 1861-1865--Maps
- - United States--Pennsylvania--Gettysburg Region
- - Shows Civil-War battle positions in rural districts surrounding Gettysburg (Pa.). Union lines are shown by blue dashes and Confederate lines by red ones. Also shows locations of artillery, significant features of the battlefield, some dwellings with names of residents, vegetation, drainage, roads, and railways.
- - Pen-and-ink, watercolors, and rubber-stamped names.
- - Typewritten label affixed at lower right corner reads: Under direction of Mrs. Georgia Wade McClellan 1898 for her personal use.
- - Rubber-stamped on cloth backing: Exch., Iowa State Dept. of History & Archives, 4/10/42.
- - Imperfect: brittle, water-stained along right side.
- - Includes inset: Site of Gen. Gregg's cavalry operations, three miles east of Gettysburg. Scale 4 1/2 in. = 1 mile.
- - LC Civil War Maps (2nd ed.), 355
- - Available also through the Library of Congress web site as raster image.
- - Vault
- 1 map on 8 sheets : col., ms., cloth backing ; 165 x 146 cm., sheets 49 x 79 cm. or smaller.
- Call Number
- G3824.G3S5 1863 .W4
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Catalog Number
- Other Formats
- - MARCXML Record
- - MODS Record
- - Dublin Core Record
- Catalog Record
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.