Maps Map of supplementary reconnaissance of the approaches to Philadelphia by the Lancaster Turnpike : including the section between Villa Nova and Paoli /
- Map of supplementary reconnaissance of the approaches to Philadelphia by the Lancaster Turnpike : including the section between Villa Nova and Paoli /
- Contributor Names
- Whiting, Henry L.
- Bache, A. D. (Alexander Dallas), 1806-1867.
- United States Coast Survey.
- Created / Published
- Subject Headings
- - Philadelphia Suburban Area (Pa.)--Maps, Manuscript
- - Philadelphia and Lancaster Turnpike (Pa.)--Maps, Manuscript
- - United States--History--Civil War, 1861-1865--Maps
- - Fortification--Pennsylvania--Philadelphia Suburban Area--Maps
- - Villanova (Pa.)--Maps, Manuscript
- - Paoli (Pa.)--Maps, Manuscript
- - United States--Pennsylvania--Philadelphia Suburban Area
- - United States--Pennsylvania--Philadelphia and Lancaster Turnpike
- - United States--Pennsylvania--Villanova
- - United States--Pennsylvania--Paoli
- - Road map showing minor fortifications along the Philadelphia and Lancaster Turnpike.
- - Relief shown by form lines.
- - Pen-and-ink, red ink, and pink watercolor.
- - Former ownership stamp in lower right corner: U.S.C. & G. Survey. Library and Archives, Jan. 28, 1902, acc. no. 53677; adhesive label affixed in lower right corner: 854 St; no. rubber-stamped on verso: 290.
- - Statement of attribution of Henry L. Whiting is handwritten signature.
- - LC Civil War Maps (2nd ed.), 358.4
- - Available also through the Library of Congress web site as raster image.
- - Vault
- 1 map : col., ms., tracing linen ; on sheet 47 x 197 cm.
- Call Number
- G3824.P5S5 1863 .W5
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Catalog Number
- Other Formats
- - MARCXML Record
- - MODS Record
- - Dublin Core Record
- Catalog Record
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.