Maps Map showing portions of the Federal and Confederate forces at the battle of Five Forks, fought April 1, 1865 : it also shows the country over which was fought the Battle of Quaker Road and the Battle of Dinwiddie Court House, fought March 31, 1865 /
- Map showing portions of the Federal and Confederate forces at the battle of Five Forks, fought April 1, 1865 : it also shows the country over which was fought the Battle of Quaker Road and the Battle of Dinwiddie Court House, fought March 31, 1865 /
- Contributor Names
- Perham, Aurestus S., 1844-
- Created / Published
- Subject Headings
- - Dinwiddie County (Va.)--History--Civil War, 1861-1865--Maps
- - Dinwiddie County (Va.)--Maps, Manuscript
- - Landowners--Virginia--Dinwiddie County--Maps
- - Five Forks, Battle of, Va., 1865--Maps, Manuscript
- - Dinwiddie Court House, Battle of, Dinwiddie, Va., 1865--Maps, Manuscript
- - United States--Virginia--Dinwiddie County
- - Five Forks, Battle of, Va
- - Dinwiddie Court House, Battle of, Dinwiddie, Va
- - Wall map of part of Dinwiddie County (Va.) showing Civil War troop positions, roads, railroad, settlements, buildings, farms with occupants' names, and streams. Does not show troop positions or movements for battles of Quaker Road or Dinwiddie Court House.
- - Title from typewritten label affixed at upper left corner.
- - Gift; Mr. A.S. Perham; 1920.
- - Pen-and-ink (black and red) and lead-pencil guidelines.
- - LC Civil War maps (2nd ed.), 541
- - Available also through the Library of Congress web site as raster image.
- 1 ms. map on 9 sheets : col., cloth backing ; 270 x 156 cm., sheets 93 x 55 cm. or smaller.
- Call Number
- G3883.D6S5 1865 .P4
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Catalog Number
- Other Formats
- - MARCXML Record
- - MODS Record
- - Dublin Core Record
- Catalog Record
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.