Maps Birds eye view of Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama and part of Florida
- Birds eye view of Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama and part of Florida
- Contributor Names
- Bachmann, John.
- Created / Published
- [New York] c1861.
- Subject Headings
- - Southern States--History--Civil War, 1861-1865--Maps
- - United States--Southern States
- - Scale not given.
- - LC Civil War Maps (2nd ed.), 1.7
- - At top of map: Panorama of the seat of war.
- - "Entered according to act of Congress in the year 1861 by John Bachmann."
- - Table of distances from New Orleans in lower margin.
- - View of the Gulf coast centered on the Mississippi River delta, showing cities and towns, roads, railroads, rivers, and forts.
- - Copyright no. 197, June 8, 1961, written in ink in lower margin. Stamped: Deposited in District Clerk's Office, Southern District of New York.
- - Description derived from published bibliography.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress web site as raster image.
- 1 map col. 55 x 72 cm.
- Call Number
- G3861.A35 1861 .B3
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Catalog Number
- Other Formats
- - MARCXML Record
- - MODS Record
- - Dublin Core Record
- Catalog Record
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.