Wyld's military map of the United States, the northern states, and the southern confederate states: with the forts, harbours, arsenals, and military positions.
- Wyld's military map of the United States, the northern states, and the southern confederate states: with the forts, harbours, arsenals, and military positions.
- Contributor Names
- Wyld, James,
- Created Published
- London, 1861.
- Subject Headings
- - United States--History--Civil War, 1861-1865
- - United States.
- - Scale ca. 1:4,600,000.
- - LC Civil War Maps (2nd ed.), 19
- - "Slave states" outlined in blue.
- - Insets: City of Washington and District of Columbia. Scale ca. 1:190,000. 13 x 14 cm. Country round Washington. Scale ca. 1:1,020,000. 18 x 24 cm.-Pensacola bay and its fortifications. Scale ca. 1:155,000. 12 x 14 cm.-Charleston and the harbour. Scale ca. 1:132,000. 10 x 9 cm.
- - Description derived from published bibliography.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress web site as raster image.
- 1 map col. 88 x 61 cm. Cut and mounted to fold to 20 x 13 cm
- Call Number
- G3701.S5 1861 .W5
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 dcu
- Digital Id
- g3701s cw0019000 http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.gmd/g3701s.cw0019000
- Library of Congress Catalog Number
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.