Maps History of the Civil War in the United States, 1860-1865
Comparative Synoptical Chart Co., Limited
- History of the Civil War in the United States, 1860-1865
- Contributor Names
- Comparative Synoptical Chart Co., Limited.
- Created / Published
- Buffalo, N.Y.; London, England; Toronto, Canada, [The Comparative Synoptical Chart Company, Limited], c1897.
- Subject Headings
- - United States--History--Civil War, 1861-1865--Maps
- - United States
- - Scale not given.
- - LC Civil War Maps (2nd ed.), 62.4
- - "Scaife's comparative and synoptical system of history applied to all countries."
- - "Entered according to Act of Congress in the year 1897, by The Comparative Synoptical Chart Co., Limited, in the Office of the Librarian of Congress at Washington. Filed in the United States, 1896. Copyright in Great Britain, 1897."
- - This is not a geographical map, but a historical time chart. "This history of the Civil War is drawn to a time scale of months, and the location of all events is entirely governed by this scale."
- - Inset: Map illustrating the Civil War in the United States shewing principal battle fields, &c, 1861 to 1865, from Colton's "Atlas" pub: N. York. 13 x 24 cm.
- - Description derived from published bibliography.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress web site as raster image.
- 1 chart, col. Chart, 107 x 76 cm.
- Call Number
- G3701.S5 1897 .C6
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Catalog Number
- Other Formats
- - MARCXML Record
- - MODS Record
- - Dublin Core Record
- Catalog Record
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.