Maps Military map showing the marches of the United States forces under command of Maj. Genl. W. T. Sherman, U.S.A., during the years 1863, 1864, 1865.
Jenney, W. L. (William Le Baron)
Sherman, William T. (William Tecumseh)
United States. Army. Military Division of the Mississippi
- Military map showing the marches of the United States forces under command of Maj. Genl. W. T. Sherman, U.S.A., during the years 1863, 1864, 1865.
- Contributor Names
- Kossak, William.
- Muller, John B.
- Sherman, William T. (William Tecumseh), 1820-1891.
- Jenney, W. L. B. (William Le Baron), 1832-1907.
- United States. Army. Military Division of the Mississippi.
- Created / Published
- [St. Louis, Mo., Printed by Joseph F. Gedney], 1865.
- Subject Headings
- - Southern States--History--Civil War, 1861-1865--Maps
- - United States--Southern States
- - Scale 1:1,267,200 (20 miles equal 1 inch).
- - LC Civil War Maps (2nd ed.), 75
- - Another issue. Ferd. Mayer, gen'l. lith., N.Y.
- - Detailed map of the southeastern United States showing fortifications, "movements of Genl. J. H. Wilson's Cavalry Corps," "pursuit of Hood," and the lines of march of the 4th, 14th, 15th, 16th, 17th, and 20th army corps and the cavalry. Map also indicates "movements on Atlanta, Ga.," roads, railroads, names and boundaries of states, towns, drainage, geographical coordinates, and relief by hachures.
- - This issue indicates fortification and routes of the infantry and cavalry. Individual corps, however, are not identified.
- - Description derived from published bibliography.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress web site as raster image.
- 1 map, 72 x 118 cm.
- Call Number
- G3861.S5 1865 .K6
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Catalog Number
- Other Formats
- - MARCXML Record
- - MODS Record
- - Dublin Core Record
- Catalog Record
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.