New Haven Harbor
United States Coast Survey
New Haven Region
New Haven (Conn.)
New Haven Region (Conn.)
- New Haven Harbor
- Contributor Names
- United States Coast Survey.
- Created Published
- [Washington, U.S. Coast Survey, 186-]
- Subject Headings
- - Harbors--New Haven (Conn.)
- - New Haven Region (Conn.)
- - United States--Connecticut--New Haven.
- - Scale 1:30,000.
- - LC Civil War Maps (2nd ed.), 117.1
- - Harbor chart annotated in red to show the sector of fire for guns situated at Oyster Point and Fort Hale, Connecticut. Information added to chart probably reflects the situation during the Civil War.
- - "Transferred from Office Chf. Engr. [Defenses] of Washington, to Engr. Dept. Jan'y ."
- - Description derived from published bibliography.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress web site as raster image.
- 1 Map, 46 X 36 Cm.
- Call Number
- G3784.N4S5 186- .U5
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 dcu
- Digital Id
- g3784n cw0117100 http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.gmd/g3784n.cw0117100
- Library of Congress Catalog Number
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.