Maps Map[s] illustrating the military operations of the Atlanta campaign ... 1864 /
American Photo Lithographic Company
United States. War Department. Office of the Chief of Engineers
- Map[s] illustrating the military operations of the Atlanta campaign ... 1864 /
- Contributor Names
- United States. War Department. Office of the Chief of Engineers.
- American Photo-Lithographic Company.
- Created / Published
- N[ew] Y[ork] : Am. Photo-Lithographic Co., 1874-1877.
- Subject Headings
- - Georgia--History--Civil War, 1861-1865--Maps
- - Atlanta Campaign, 1864--Maps
- - Landowners--Georgia--Maps
- - United States--Georgia
- - Atlanta Campaign
- - Shows Union Army lines of march, dates, troop positions, and campsites in northwestern Georgia between Chattanooga and Atlanta.
- - Relief shown by hachures.
- - The coverage of these 5 maps is indicated on J.v. Glümer's Map illustrating the operations of the army under command of General W.T. Sherman, in Georgia, from May the 5th to September the 4th, 1864 (CW 127, S181).
- - LC Civil War maps (2nd ed.), 131, S200
- - Available also through the Library of Congress web site as raster image.
- - Includes names of select landowners and list of authorities.
- - Stamped in blue ink in lower-left corner of all sheets: 535.
- - LC copy imperfect: All sheets fold-lined, mounted on cloth.
- 5 maps : col. ; 87 x 78 cm. or smaller, on sheet 96 x 89 cm. or smaller.
- Call Number
- G3921.S5 s85 .U5
- G3921.S5 s85 .U5 Copy 2 CW 131 All maps sectioned into 2 pieces, all sheets mounted on cloth.
- G3921.S5 s85 .U5 Copy 3 Vault : Sher 200 Gift, Miss Eleanor Sherman Fitch, July 7, 1942. Sheets not mounted on cloth. Map I: Sheet in 2 pieces, torn horizontally along fold approx. 1/3 from bottom. Map II: Fold-lined, horizontal tear at lower-left edge. Map III: Fold-lined. Map IV: Fold-lined, 1 vertical tear at bottom-center. Map V: Fold-lined, 2 horizontal tears at left edge, 1 vertical tear at lower right.
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Catalog Number
- Other Formats
- - MARCXML Record
- - MODS Record
- - Dublin Core Record
- Catalog Record
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.