Maps Map illustrating the siege of Atlanta, Ga. by the U.S. forces under command of Maj. Gen. W. T. Sherman, from the passage of Peach Tree Creek, July 19th 1864, to the commencement of the movement upon the enemy's lines of communication south of Atlanta, August 26, 1864.
Poe, O. M.
Poe, O. M. (Orlando Metcalfe)
- Map illustrating the siege of Atlanta, Ga. by the U.S. forces under command of Maj. Gen. W. T. Sherman, from the passage of Peach Tree Creek, July 19th 1864, to the commencement of the movement upon the enemy's lines of communication south of Atlanta, August 26, 1864.
- Contributor Names
- Poe, O. M. (Orlando Metcalfe), 1832-1895.
- Created / Published
- [S.l., Edw. Molitor, lith., 1866]
- Subject Headings
- - Atlanta Campaign, 1864--Maps
- - United States--Georgia--Atlanta
- - Atlanta Campaign
- - Scale ca. 1:47,520.
- - LC Civil War Maps (2nd ed.), 139
- - From 39th Cong., 1st Sess. -Report of the Chief Engineer U.S.A. No. 2.
- - In lower right margin: Bowen & Co., lith., Philada.
- - Indicates entrenchments, relief by hachures, vegetation, drainage, roads, railroads, towns, and the names of a few residents in the environs of Atlanta.
- - Other issues in Sherman map coll. nos. 39-40.
- - Description derived from published bibliography.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress web site as raster image.
- 1 map, col., 31 x 52 cm.
- Call Number
- G3924.A8S5 1866 .P6
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Catalog Number
- Other Formats
- - MARCXML Record
- - MODS Record
- - Dublin Core Record
- Catalog Record
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.