Maps Chickamauga battlefield. Accompanies The battle of Chickamauga. Historical map and guide book.
McElroy, Joseph C.
Chickamauga, Battle Of
Chickamauga, Battle Of, Ga.
- Chickamauga battlefield. Accompanies The battle of Chickamauga. Historical map and guide book.
- Contributor Names
- McElroy, Joseph C.
- Created / Published
- [Cincinnati, The Henderson-Achert-Krebs Lith. Co., c1895]
- Subject Headings
- - Chickamauga, Battle of, Ga., 1863
- - United States--Georgia--Chickamauga
- - Chickamauga, Battle of
- - Scale not given.
- - LC Civil War Maps (2nd ed.), 156
- - Another issue.
- - Pamphlet describes the battle of Chickamauga.
- - The map shows Gen. Robert B. Mitchell's Union cavalry on Sept. 20th deployed in the north and south of General Rosecrans's headquarters in the Lee mansion and Gen. James T. Wheeler's Confederate troops to the east and south, none of which is included in the preceding version (Civil War Maps entry no. 155).
- - Description derived from published bibliography.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress web site as raster image.
- 1 pamphlet 18 p.
- Call Number
- G3922.C52S5 1895 .M32
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Catalog Number
- Other Formats
- - MARCXML Record
- - MODS Record
- - Dublin Core Record
- Catalog Record
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.