Maps Military map of the States of Kentucky and Tennessee, within eleven miles of the 35th parallel of latitude or southern boundary of Tennessee; compiled from the best authentic original maps, various documents, and miscellaneous latest sources of information;
Swann, Charles E.
- Military map of the States of Kentucky and Tennessee, within eleven miles of the 35th parallel of latitude or southern boundary of Tennessee; compiled from the best authentic original maps, various documents, and miscellaneous latest sources of information;
- Contributor Names
- Swann, Charles E., active 1863-1865.
- Created / Published
- Cincinnati, O., Ehrgott, Forbriger & Co., Lithographers, Engravers & Printers, 1863.
- Subject Headings
- - Kentucky--History--Civil War, 1861-1865--Maps
- - Tennessee--History--Civil War, 1861-1865--Maps
- - United States--Kentucky
- - United States--Tennessee
- - Scale 1:350,000.
- - LC Civil War Maps (2nd ed.), 216.8
- - Another issue.
- - In this issue Camp Burnside on the Cumberland River is named, the lithographer's name has been revised, and a dotted line representing the "out line of coal field" has been added in the southeastern quadrant.
- - Description derived from published bibliography.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress web site as raster image.
- 1 map, 128 x 215 cm., mounted to fold to 33 x 19 cm.
- Call Number
- G3951.S5 1863 .S9
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Catalog Number
- Other Formats
- - MARCXML Record
- - MODS Record
- - Dublin Core Record
- Catalog Record
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.