Map of the battlefield of Antietam with the locations of monuments erected by the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania to the 3rd, 4th, 7th, 8th regiments of infantry, Pennsylvania Reserve Corps
Antietam Battlefield Memorial Commission
Antietam, Battle Of, Md.
- Map of the battlefield of Antietam with the locations of monuments erected by the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania to the 3rd, 4th, 7th, 8th regiments of infantry, Pennsylvania Reserve Corps
- Contributor Names
- Antietam Battlefield Memorial Commission.
- Created Published
- [S.l., 1908?]
- Subject Headings
- - Antietam, Battle of, Md., 1862
- - United States--Maryland--Antietam.
- - Antietam, Battle of, Md.
- - Scale 1:18,000.
- - LC Civil War Maps (2nd ed.), 245.4
- - "Reduced by permission of the Antietam Commission, Brig. Gen. E. A. Carman, Commissioner, from their map of the battlefield that was surveyed and drawn by the engineers of the Gettysburg National Park Commission, Lt. Col. John P. Nicholson, Chairman, Bvt. Lt. Col. E. B. Cope, Engineer, H. W. Mattern, Ass't. Engineer, [and] E. M. Hewitt, Ass't. Engineer."
- - Detailed map indicating roads, drainage, fence lines, houses, names of residents, woodland, and relief by contour lines.
- - Inset: Mansfield Avenue enlarged to show positions of Pennsylvania Reserve monuments. 7 x 25 cm.
- - Description derived from published bibliography.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress web site as raster image.
- 1 Map, Blue Print, 48 X 38 Cm.
- Call Number
- G3842.A6 1908 .A58
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 dcu
- Digital Id
- g3842a cw0245400 http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.gmd/g3842a.cw0245400
- Library of Congress Catalog Number
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.