Michler, N. (Nathaniel)
Antietam, Battle Of, MD
Antietam, Battle Of, Md.
- Contributor Names
- Michler, N. (Nathaniel), 1827-1881.
- Created / Published
- [S.l.], Photo-lith. by the N.Y. Lithographing, Engraving & Printing Co., Julius Bien, Supt., 1867.
- Subject Headings
- - Antietam, Battle of, Md., 1862--Maps
- - United States--Maryland--Antietam
- - Antietam, Battle of, Md
- - [Scale 1:21,120].
- - LC Civil War Maps (2nd ed.), 245.9
- - Another copy.
- - Stamped at top of map: 320 Union.
- - Handwritten note on verso: War Records Office. Washington, D.C. Feb. 8, 1892. Respectfully referred to the Postmaster, Sharpsburg, Md. with request that he will please examine this map, correct the spelling of the names and return it to me as early as practicable. [Signed] C. D. Cowles, Capt. U.S.A.
- - Confederate positions and the corrections apparently made by the Sharpsburg Postmaster are in red ink.
- - This map was in the possession of Jedediah Hotchkiss at the time of his death. Major Hotchkiss served as topographic engineer with the Army of Northern Virginia. In July 1948, the Library of Congress purchased his map collection.
- - Description derived from published bibliography.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress web site as raster image.
- 1 map, [58 x 66 cm.]
- Call Number
- G3844.A68 1867 .M53
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Catalog Number
- Other Formats
- - MARCXML Record
- - MODS Record
- - Dublin Core Record
- Catalog Record
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.