Maps Tomlinson's map of Vicksburg, showing all the surrounding fortifications, batteries, principal plantation, &c.
Tomlinson, G. W.
Tomlinson, G. W. (George W.)
Vicksburg Region (Miss.)
- Tomlinson's map of Vicksburg, showing all the surrounding fortifications, batteries, principal plantation, &c.
- Contributor Names
- Tomlinson, G. W. (George W.)
- Created / Published
- Boston, J. Mayer & Co., lith., c1863.
- Subject Headings
- - Vicksburg Region (Miss.)--History--Civil War, 1861-1865--Maps
- - United States--Mississippi--Vicksburg
- - Scale ca. 1:65,000.
- - LC Civil War Maps (2nd ed.), 286
- - At top of map: New map of Vicksburg, showing the scene of Gen. Grants operations, together with all of the fortifications, batteries, rifle pits &c.
- - Text to right of map: Sketch of Vicksburg and the surrounding batteries.
- - Map is printed in green ink and extends from Haines Bluff south to Port Gibson.
- - Description derived from published bibliography.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress web site as raster image.
- 1 map, 56 x 40 cm.
- Call Number
- G3984.V8S5 1863 .T6
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Catalog Number
- Other Formats
- - MARCXML Record
- - MODS Record
- - Dublin Core Record
- Catalog Record
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.