Diagram showing the position of the Sassacus and ram Albemarle at the time of collision.
United States. Navy
Albemarle Sound (N.C.)
- Diagram showing the position of the Sassacus and ram Albemarle at the time of collision.
- Contributor Names
- United States. Navy
- Created Published
- Washington, Government Printing Office, 1864.
- Subject Headings
- - Albemarle Sound (N.C.)--History--Civil War, 1861-1865
- - United States--North Carolina--Albemarle Sound.
- - Scale not given.
- - LC Civil War Maps (2nd ed.), 306.7
- - From Report on the Secretary of the Navy, with an appendix, containing reports from officers. December, 1864 (Washington, Government Printing Office, 1864). opp. p. 121.
- - Map of part of Albemarle Sound showing the first and second positions of the U.S. Steamer Sassacus after its collision with the Confederate ironclad Albemarle.
- - Description derived from published bibliography.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress web site as raster image.
- 1 Map, 12 X 20 Cm.
- Call Number
- G3902.A5S5 1864 .U5
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 dcu
- Digital Id
- g3902a cw0306700 http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.gmd/g3902a.cw0306700
- Library of Congress Catalog Number
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.