Maps Lloyd's official map of the state of Virginia from actual surveys by order of the executive, 1828 & 1859 /
Lloyd, James T.
Powell, W. Angelo
- Lloyd's official map of the state of Virginia from actual surveys by order of the executive, 1828 & 1859 /
- Other Title
- Virginia + North Carolina
- Contributor Names
- Lloyd, James T.
- Powell, W. Angelo.
- Created / Published
- New York : J.T. Lloyd, , c1861.
- Subject Headings
- - Virginia--Maps
- - United States--Virginia
- - Relief shown by hachures.
- - Differs from other 1862 edition in including a warning to the right of the map title, and a list of new maps to the left, and lacking "Deviation of the magnetic needle . . ." and "Memoranda" describing the sources and projection used to make the map.
- - Prime meridian: Washington.
- - LC Civil War maps (2nd ed.), 465.1, S175
- - Includes text, population table, and lists of steamboat routes and altitudes.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - LC copy sectioned into 32 pieces, with slight losses along sections, reassembled into two sheets.
- 1 map : hand col. ; 76 x 120 cm.
- Call Number
- G3880 1862 .L41
- G3880 1862 .L41 Copy 2 CW 465.1 Sectioned into 32 pieces, reassembled into two sheets
- G3880 1862 .L41 Copy 3 Vault : Sher 175 Sectioned into 32 pieces and mounted on cloth, in cloth covered board covers, 17 x 16 cm., now detached. Portion of a military map of North Carolina mounted on verso. In pencil inside front cover: Sherman, March 1865
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Catalog Number
- Other Formats
- - MARCXML Record
- - MODS Record
- - Dublin Core Record
- Catalog Record
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.